Mercury 525 EFI Sterndrive - The Mercury Racing HP525 EFI is world renowned for its performance on and off the race course. The engine package is the power behind numerous offshore world championships.
THE WORLD'S MOST VERSATILE PERFORMANCE ENGINE
The Mercury Racing HP525 EFI is world renowned for its performance on and off the race course. The engine package is the power behind numerous offshore world championships.
Reliability, durability and overall performance are the reasons that offshore racers choose the 525 EFI as their power of choice. This race-proven consumer engine is a favorite among recreation sport boaters and poker runners as well.
Enhancements include the PCM microprocessor, universal engine mounts, increased engine oil flow and a larger volume and higher flow power steering system. Changes in the power steering system provide OEM boat builders with the option to rig two power steering pumps (dual engines) in series. Engine protection is enhanced thanks to increased engine oil flow through the filter and cooler.
Engine drive packages include Bravo One XR, Bravo One XR Sport Master, Bravo Three XR and dry-sump Six drive. The optional Integrated Transom System (ITS) provides hydraulic steering on the drive while making the transom more aesthetically pleasing and simplifying installation.
- CNC machined, 502 C.I.D. (8.2L) cylinder block is equipped with heavy-duty connection rods and forged aluminum pistons for maximum strength and durability.
- Custom Edelbrock aluminum cylinder heads designed exclusively for Mercury Racing for enhanced torque and overall performance.
- Advanced, factory installed closed-cooling system features five-year coolant for reduced maintenance and increased corrosion protection.
- Mercury PCM microprocessor optimizes fuel and spark timing for each cylinder independently for enhanced engine running quality.
- SmartCraft Engine Guardian continually monitors engine conditions to protect against potential damage.
- High flow power steering system provides larger volume and higher flow for multiple engine applications
- Large oil lines and filter enhance engine lubrication for improved overall engine protection.
- Water-cooled fuel system maintains fuel temperature at optimal levels to combat potential for vapor lock.
- 105 amp charging system provides an ample power supply for today’s advanced marine electronics.
- Multiple drive options fit for any application – from race boats to sport cruisers.
- Universal mount system provides better fit and finish and reduced installation time.
- Available in an array of color options in additional to the standard Mercury Racing blue metallic.